The members of the Lucretia Shaw Chapter, NSDAR, are proud to support our community in many ways to:
- Locate, dedicate, and decorate the graves of Revolutionary War veterans in local cemeteries.
- Reward excellence in American history to students in local schools.
- Recognize and reward good citizenship and community service.
- Remember the veterans in the Rocky Hill Veterans Hospital, wounded American soldiers serving abroad, and homeless veterans by contributing personal care/comfort items.
- Contribute food to local food banks and community meal centers.
- Distribute the U.S. Flag Code, promoting respect and proper etiquette for our American flag, within our community.
- Assist prospective DAR members, as well as members of the community, with lineage and genealogical research.
- Participate in historic events held at Connecticut DAR and Connecticut Society Sons of the American Revolution owned properties.
- Contribute educational materials to local libraries and cultural centers.
- Promote conservation within our organization as well as in the community.
- Participate, with other patriotic and hereditary societies, in the promotion of historic preservation, patriotism, and education.